The NIO Pediatric™ is an automatic intraosseous device designed for quick, safe, easy vascular access in 10 seconds or less*. The NIO Pediatric is compact and requires no assembly, making it ideal for use in both pre-hospital and hospital settings.
The NIO Pediatric is intended for pediatric patients ages 3-12 years old. Its needle depth may be changed according to the age of the patient by adjusting the needle stabilizer located at the base of the device. The needle stabilizer has protruding arrows that assist in the correct anatomical placement of the device, using the tibial tuberosity as a landmark.
- Intended for use in the pediatric population, ages 3-12 years old
- Sterile, single-use device
- Safe, no exposed needle
- Adjustable needle depth:
- 14mm for 3-9-year-olds
- 18mm for 9-12-year-olds
- Needle stabilizer
- No assembly required
- No external power source or battery required
- Pocket-sized and lightweight
- 5-year shelf life
* Comparison of NIO and EZ-IO intraosseous access devices in adult patients, 2016